Saturday, May 06, 2006

American Citizens Association (RIP)

After tonight's meeting I have a feeling that the American Citizens Association (ACA) might be laid to rest. It was a grass roots citizens association that started in Saint Joseph, Missouri when Ross Perot ran for president. At one time it was over three hundred members strong. Over the past few years it's membership has slowly dwindled. The last couple of years we we're lucky to get five people to show up once a month. I do feel I know what caused the groups death if your interested. I'd like to see the time come when we will see groups of two or tree hundred gathered in little rooms all across the country to discuss the country's problems and the solution to them again. I hate to think of what it might take to get that to happen.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home