Saturday, April 15, 2006

I Got A Little Behind

Some of you might know I work really strange hours. Saturday, Sunday and Monday I go in at 3:PM and get off at 11:PM. Tuesday I'm off. Officially Wednesday is also a day off. Our day starts at 11:PM. On Wednesday and Thursday nights I go in at 11:PM and get off at 7:AM. This past Wednesday I had to be at the union hall at 8:AM to vote on a new four year contract(it passed damnit). Being up to go vote at 8:AM has messed up the rest of the week. I never did get back to sleep after the vote. I worked Wednesday night and got to bed around 9:30 AM Thursday, I slept off and on during the day and went back to work Thursday night. This morning (Friday) I came home and mowed the lawn before I went to bed. When I got up and on the computer I found I had close to 150 e-mails, as a rule I try not to let that happen. After I got rid of the junk I read what I thought would be interesting or important. In the interesting and important stuff I found two columns that pretty much delivered the same message. In the first one Frosty Wooldridge names a few globalists that he feels are "performing a frightening experiment on the United States of America." In the second column Ann Coulter says, "There are more than 6 billion people in the world, many of whom apparently like the idea of living in the wealthiest democracy on Earth. But if the billions of people of the world did live here, it wouldn't be "here" anymore." The two columns tell me this is not the country I grew up in. Our elected officials are not concerned about us at all. It's all about what's in it for them, money and power. We're going to have to stop putting the people with the D or the R before their name in office or my new Great Grand Daughter (yes there has been a sonogram) is never going to enjoy the freedoms that I did as I was growing up. Lets make this campaign season the season of the third party and independent candidate. I feel they are this country's only hope.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Have you checked out VOID?

11:38 PM  
Blogger Jake Porter said...

I think Americans are ready for change and I do think that we (libertarians/constitutionalists will make great progress in 2006. I only fear that we will not gain enough control over the federal government to prevent the country from being destroyed within the next few years.

I don't want to restore the democracy, I hate democracy, and don't want to live in one. I want to live in a Constitutional republic like the one that we were founded on. I want all my freedoms, not just the ones I still have.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

The Third Party Candidate never won an election. Check out http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home