Wednesday, April 12, 2006

An Immigration Problem? It Could Get Worse

I'm sure you have all seen, heard or read about the immigration demonstrations/protest that have been taken place across the country recently. This is starting to remind me of something that happened a few years ago. I was expecting a terrorist attack to take place somewhere in the United States. I thought a mall would be blown up or gassed. I figured a couple hundred would be injured or killed. I was really surprised that morning when my Step-Daughter called to tell me someone had just crashed a jetliner into the World Trade Center. A while back I said that our broken immigration policy/wide open borders would be a major issue in this campaign season. I wasn't expecting anything like what we are seeing now. Now I'm wondering if Chuck Baldwin might not be right here.I pray he is not, but I can see how these demonstrations/protest could turn into riots, or even worse, a civil war. Don't forget what happened in Los Angeles after the Rodney King trial. While your thinking about that don't forget that the Los Angeles Police were among the first to run when the riots started. I'm thinking it could get real ugly real soon right here in the United States if this problem isn't taken care of soon. I still support deporting illegal aliens as soon as they are caught. They broke the law by entering the country, giving them amnesty is like telling them it is OK to break the law so why would they change and become honest hard working citizens. They are the ones that will most likely turn to violence if it does come to that. I want to urge you to contact your elected officials and tell them to solve the problem now. Waiting will only make things worse.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Too late!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Praguetwin said...

It shouldn't be any easier for someone to get papers once they are in the country unless they are established. This is a foolish policy.

The US is reaping the rewards of ignoring this issue, allowing businesses to profit from cheap labor and thrusting the fallout on the taxpayer.

The politics of inequality, dating back to the carpet-bagging of the Mexican economy in the 60s and 70s are finally catching up.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you deport 20 million people?
How do you enforce detection now that they are here?
What happens when they find themselves hunted, unpaid, unable to find housing?
Do they all just quitely walk back across the border?
Do you take the time to find out if they are _really_ illegals?
How?
11 to 20 Million - our system couldn't handle 20 thousand.

We have to find a better way, because deportation just isn't going to work.

We also need to be mindful of WHO CAUSED THIS PROBLEM, it's not the illegals.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

All guest workers in the U.S. should be identified biometrically.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home