Monday, April 10, 2006

Voice Your Opinion, Become A Target

I got an e-mail from Paul Topete of the band Poker Face this morning. For those of you that have never heard of them the band is made up of patriotic freedom loving constitution supporting United States citizens. They are not afraid to speak out about our country's problems through their music or in conversation. Along with other news about the band it (my e-mail) told about them being banned from performing at Rutgers University. It didn't have anything to do with their music, they were banned for having an opinion that might offend someone. Isn't it great, we live in a country were we have the right to speak out, as long as we don't hurt anyone's feelings. There are marches taking place all across the country supporting illegal aliens, something I disagree with, but I support the marchers right to do this, as long as they are United States citizens. I do have a little problem with funeral protest, there are some things you just shouldn't do. Oh yeah my e-mail. I was not surprised to hear that Poker Face had become a target. This reminds me of what happened to Steve Vaus, another performer that was attacked/banned for having an opinion/love of country. I've had the opportunity to see (and visit with) Steve live several times in the past. I'm looking forward to a chance to attend a Poker Face performance. If you have never heard the music of Steve Vaus or Poker Face check out their sites. It will give you a chance to get educated while being entertained. That's not going to happen while you watch MTV or listen to top 40 radio.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

5 Comments:

Blogger American Crusader said...

"Isn't it great, we live in a country were we have the right to speak out, as long as we don't hurt anyone's feelings."

It only depends one whose feelings are being hurt.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Jake Porter said...

Being a Libertarian/Constitutionalist, I am attacked from both Democrats and Republicans. One side claims not enough welfare/government, so give me your money, the other side wants to regulate my body and my life. So I am often called names and threatened, but it is better to be called names and hated than to be ignored.

Poker Face is a great band. I played their CD in front of about thirty people and only had one negative response. (I think because they talked bad about Congress)

5:56 PM  
Blogger The GTL™ said...

Disgusting. Screw Rutgers. Screw the people out there like this... they aren't "left" at all, they are Unamerican.

7:04 PM  
Blogger American Crusader said...

David...you can do a people search using Intelius:
http://find.intelius.com
They use both maiden or married names and go back pretty far.
I have traced myself back to the early 1980s in Miami.
Some information is free but not all.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not an enthusiast for their genre of music (I listen to jazz)and I despise "Holocaust deniers" (merely revisionist history buffs who would make Joseph Stalin blush, though I'll defend their right to speak and publish), but this banning of PokerFace is truly an outrage and yet another example of "correctness" used to silence those we may disagree with.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home