Thursday, June 09, 2005

United Nations and Pro Wrestling

A Washington Times article (http://www.washtimes.com/world/20050608-115321-5117r.htm) was e-mailed to me. This article has got to be about one of the most corrupt organizations on the face of the earth, the United Nations. It is financially supported by the United States. If you send financial aid to an organization aren't you telling them you support their policies? So we have been telling the United Nations that things like the oil-for-food program and sexual abuse by United Nations peacekeeping troops are acceptable. I don't think they are and these a just a couple of reasons I'd like to see the United States give up it's membership in the United Nations. Since we can't get enough of our elected officials to agree to do that I feel the action mentioned in the above article is a step in the right direction.

When I was young one of our neighbors was a professional wrestler, (Thor Hagen, one of the good guy's) since I ran around with his kid's I became a wrestling fan. This article and the United Nations reminded me of something that happened during a wrestling match some time in the late 50's or early 60's. One of the bad guy's had been disqualified. He then attacked one of the officials at the time keepers table. After the referee got him pulled off the official and sent him to the locker room he announced that he would levy a fine against him. He said that the only way to hurt these bullies was to hit them in the pocketbook. OK, professional wrestling is probably fake. The referee got it right. The only way we will get the United Nations to reform it's self will be to hit it in the pocketbook. Cut their funding.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

4 Comments:

Blogger loboinok said...

Guess what? I despise the U.N. more than the ACLU. I look at it this way. The ACLU is the most dangerous organization in America...the U.N. is the most dangerous organization in the world. I realize that the U.N. is in America...but you know what I'm saying.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

OK, from a european point of view, I'd tend to agree with the "okdemocrat"'s view... in a certain sense the UN represents a higher governing authority which is too far removed from reality and thus prone to misuse by governments and business...

There is a ground-swell of consensus growing here in Europe against the proposed constitution and any form of imposed "super government" so in a way I think we're both looking at different variants of the same trend...

hope this makes sense...

7:23 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Okdemocrat, Thank you. I'm sure most of you don't know, my Nephews son was in a serious car accident yesterday morning. He is in a coma at this time.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

10:35 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

How's your nephew?

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home