Sunday, May 29, 2005

Question Of The Week 5/29/05

We all know that the First Amendment to the United State Constitution protects our freedom of religion, (or from in the ACLU version, more on that at, http://stoptheaclu.blogspot.com ) and the Second Amendment protects our right to keep and bear arms. I'm not going to comment on all of them, I want to get to the Question Of The Week, you can read them at, http://www.harbornet.com/rights/usbor.txt I don't know about everyone else but I feel that one of the first 10 Amendments to the United States Constitution is often forgotten, or ignored by our elected officials and a large number of United States citizens. So, this weeks Question Of The Week is, Which of the first 10 Amendments is the Forgotten Amendment? If your interested in my answer I'll post that in the comment section early Monday morning.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

8 Comments:

Blogger The GTL™ said...

The 4th Amendment has not been forgotten but it's been trampled upon by the Government via the USA Patriot Act. Obviously, the P/A gives the Government the right to illegal search and seizure, which disgusts me. Great question.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Sailor said...

In my humble opinion, it is the "takings" clause of the Fifth Amendment. Eminant Domain was and is intended to take propert,at fair market value, for the public good. The public good being roads, schools, etc. It was not menat to be abitrarily used to allow politicians to take land from citizens and give it to developers to make huge profits on.

The "takings" clause is reguarly ignored when property owners are restricted form using their porperty for some specious environmental reason. Not every mud puddle is a wetland.

Sailor

6:31 AM  
Blogger loboinok said...

ummm....good question. I'm gonna go with the 5th!

8:29 AM  
Blogger loboinok said...

Actually I change my answer...and I'm pretty sure its the 10th!

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited to it by the States, are reserved to the
States respectively, or to the people.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

Well, beyond the White House trying to take away the freedom of the press by pressuring Newsweek to issue a retraction and placing blame on them for deaths caused by domestic political riots, I'd say that the forgotten amendment has got to be the 4th Amendment. Civil liberty infringements have not been this high since the internment of the Japanese during World War II. And renewing the USA Patriot Act will make it even worse.

Oh, and if in the renewal they do give the FBI the power to issue subpoenas, I will change my mind and say that the 5th amendment has been forgotten because Due Process won't mean shit anymore.

7:15 PM  
Blogger John C. A. Bambenek said...

10th

9:25 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

You all made good points, but the Tenth Amendment is the Forgotten (or ignored) Amendment. We can't blame it all on our elected officials in this case. We hear people over and over talking about the federal government needs get more involved in health care and education. Thats just two of the things I can't find in the United States Constitution. In plain English the Tenth Amendment say's if it's not mentioned in the Constitution the federal government should stay out of it.

Have a Safe and Happy Memorial Day.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

1:16 AM  
Anonymous research writing services said...

it's so hard to me. in other time - today I have no ideas

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home