Sunday, July 13, 2008

Question Of The Week 7/13/08

Good morning. I'm sorry for not getting out to visit your sites as often as I should/I'd like to. This has been a busy week, family stuff mostly. I haven't even made it to my own site since I answered last weeks question. As if things weren't bad enough already, yesterday I got an e-mail from the National Alliance of Families. The subject line read "Sad News - Col. Earl Hopper". One of those knew it was coming things,that we hope and pray somehow never will. "Col. Earl P. Hopper, father of POW/MIA Earl P. Hopper Jr., passed early this morning. Earl, head of Task Force Omega Inc., and former head of the National League of Families, was a veteran of World War II, Korea and Vietnam. He was an ardent advocate for our POWs and MIAs and will be sorely missed.

To his wife, Patty and the Hopper family we offer our deepest sympathy.

As soon as we here about arrangements, we will let everyone know." The Colonel was one of the most interesting people I have ever met. A three war Veteran and Father of a POW/MIA/(?) A true patriot. One of our Grand-Daughters wears a POW/MIA bracelet with his Son's name on it. I got to hear the Colonel speak several times over the years. One time he said every where he went people ask him what kept him going. They told him he should just give up, it had been to long, all of our POW/MIA's were dead by now. I won't give you his answer until I post my answer to this weeks Question Of The Week which is In Memory Of Colonel Earl Hopper U.S.M.C. (Ret.). Why are you politically active (Why do you post messages or contact your elected officials about issues that are important to you)?

I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Tuesday morning.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
The National Alliance of Families

4 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

The political sphere is the seat of power and ultimately determines policies and the direction our culture takes, particularly for secularists.

11:17 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question. "Why are you politically active (Why do you post messages or contact your elected officials about issues that are important to you)?"I post messages to let others know what our elected officials in D.C. and my state capital, Jefferson City, Missouri are up to. I stay in contact with my elected officials to let them know if I approve of or oppose their actions/votes and so they don't forget I do still vote. My main reason for being involved. I'am a Grand & Great-Grand-Father, I want to try to help save what is left of our rights and liberties for all of our Grand & Great-Grand-Children. I heard Col. Earl P. Hopper answer a similar question when he was speaking at an out door event. The Colonel spotted some young children playing in a shady/grassy area and told us that he was there to stop those little snot faces from making the same mistakes we made.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

12:15 PM  
Blogger N8 T8 said...

Quite simply, this is a country where the rule can be of, by, and for the people.

This means that we can have the best form of government, or the worst--but it all depends of the people.

I have a chance to be involved. My grandfather fought and was wounded to give others and myself this chance. My uncle, cousin, and eight friends are currently fighting for the same thing.

How can I not be involved? If I'm not going to say anything and I'm not going to vote, then I have no right to complain. Neither does anyone else.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Hello David... Is this true?

http://www.miafacts.org/hopper.htm about Colonel Earl Hopper son? We at http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com read this that's there's excavations of the crash site? And there's bone fragments. And until now it's a secret.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home