Saturday, June 21, 2008

Now Hiring

I don't know, maybe it is just a Buchanan County, Missouri thing. It seems to me like every campaign season we hear about accusations of corruption and dirty tricks/stolen or damaged campaign signs when County Sheriff is one of the positions to be filled. It seems that we always have someone in the department that wants his/her bosses job. Then we hear about issues I feel should have been dealt with and resolved before the campaign began. Police pursuits have become a big issue in this area because one ended with an officers death and a suspect died in another.Brian Carter is challenging his boss in the up-coming election. "Brian Carter, a road patrol supervisor, pursued a man suspected of domestic violence in the county on March 19. During the course of a winding pursuit, both Mr. Carter’s police cruiser and a civilian vehicle were damaged." (Continue Reading) To be honest I don't remember hearing much about the pursuit Mr. Carter was involved in. If he violated department policy he should have been punished. The Sheriff should have made sure the proper action was taken. I don't know that Mr. Carter should get the job but I am sure Buchanan County is in need of a new Sheriff.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
The St. Joseph News-Press

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I really hope the News Press fully investigates this pursuit and resulting damage to county property. The citizens of this county need to be informed before they make a choice at the polls.

I did try and research some info on the candidates, and came across Mr. Carter's website, as the link is posted on his yard signs. Last week he was auctioning an assault rifle as a way to raise funds for his campaign. If I were an enforcement officer, I would be a little apprehensive about simply raffling off an assault rifle for a $10 chance, when that rifle may be in the car you might have to pull over one day. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a person's right to bear arms and understand the importance that right plays in keeping this country safe. However, I question his decision to offer an assault rifle as part of a raffle for a political campaign.

The raffle has since been pulled, probably after Mr. Carter received some flach for his efforts. Is this really the kind of decision-making we are looking for to lead our County Sheriff's Dept?

10:28 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this topic.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home