Sunday, June 01, 2008

Question Of The Week, 6/1/08

Good morning. As a general rule I read or at least check out five or six (Main Stream) news sites a day. This weeks Question Of The Week comes from a recent visit to Granma International/Online Edition. This weeks Question Of The Week is. Now that Fidel has stepped down and his brother Raúl Castro has become President of Cuba will there be a big change in Cuba/United States relations, will the embargo be lifted?

I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to;
Granma International/Online Edition

2 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

I predict that the embargo will be lifted and some trade relations restored. I do think that travel to Cuba will become the fashion.

But I see that change as more of the result of "new thinking" about Cuba rather than directly related to Fidel's departure.

7:13 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question, "Now that Fidel has stepped down and his brother Raúl Castro has become President of Cuba will there be a big change in Cuba/United States relations, will the embargo be lifted?"My Wife and I have talked about Cuba recently and it has been a break room topic where I work. Some seem to feel that Cuban citizens will receive better treatment now that Raúl is president. If they are right about that I don't expect it to happen while Fidel is living and in at least fair health. I feel Raúl is only president on paper, Fidel is still in power and will be until the time comes that he can no longer carry out the duties or he passes away. When that time comes maybe life in Cuba will improve. I do feel that trade and travel restrictions will be lifted in the next couple of years. I'm looking forward to a fine cigar.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home