Friday, May 16, 2008

Whatever Happened To Immigration As A Presidential Campaign Issue?

I read a Wall Street Journal on-line article by, Jason Riley, (Keep the Immigrants, Deport the Multiculturalists) that questions the idea of immigration being an issue this presidential campaign season. Riley says he has "a theory, and it is that Americans are basically pro-immigrant but ambivalent about it." (Continue Reading) I kind of agree, I don't think the majority of us are against someone crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's to enter the country legally it's the illegal aliens we're opposed to.Riley goes on to say, "the issue seems to have faded, if not disappeared entirely." If the issue has disappeared it is because the main stream news media doesn't want to report on it or any candidate that campaigns on the issue. In a column titled,"If I Were President" Chuck Baldwin, the Constitution Party's Presidential Candidate says, "If I were President, I would immediately seal our borders. I would also see to it that employers in America who knowingly hire illegal aliens are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In plain language: any employer who consciously hires illegal aliens would go to jail. They would not pass Go; they would not collect $200; they would go straight to jail. By sealing the borders and by cutting off the money supply to illegal aliens, the problem of illegal immigration would dry up. As it is, we have no idea how many potential terrorists--not to mention violent gang members such as MS-13--have snuck (and are sneaking) through our borders. And speaking of illegal immigration, as President, I would enforce our visa rules. This means anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law is immediately deported. There would be no "path to citizenship" given to any illegal alien. That means no amnesty. Not in any shape, manner, or form. I would not allow tax dollars to be used to pay for illegal aliens’ education, social services, or medical care. As President, I would end birthright citizenship for illegal aliens. There would be no "anchor babies" during my administration." I think Mr. Baldwin feels illegal immigration is an important campaign issue. He has some more (Continue reading) Our immigration policy is broken, rather we want to admit that or not I feel we all know it is. If a presidential candidate doesn't feel fixing it is important they will not get my vote.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to;
The Wall Street Journal on-line

2 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Hi, David...they're all just pandering, in it for themselves, not for America. I wish the Constitution Party would catch on more.
Good post.......I wish more people would WAKE UP. We're ambivalent but we want to stop feeling like our wonderful country is some filthy doormat, you know?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

I hope Trump and Congress make a deal on Immigration

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home