Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Why I Won't Vote For Obama

I had said I would comment on why I wouldn't vote for some of the main stream presidential candidates ( here and here). I don't want to leave Obama out. I've heard that he claims to be a supporter of the Second Amendment, with some common sense regulations. I don't know about you but I feel that the gun grabbers have just about regulated the Second Amendment and the firearms industry to death already. I've been unable to find anything in Obamas voting record that shows any support for the Second Amendment or firearms manufacturers if I missed something please let me know.

Obama has voted in favor of a guest worker program, amnesty for illegal aliens. I live in a part of Saint Joseph, Missouri known as "South St. Joe.". This part of town is known for being made up of old blue collar (legal) immigrant families. A few years ago we got a new pork processing plant in this part of town. It came with the promise of more (new) jobs. It brought in the jobs alright and they were filled by new comers to Saint Joseph, most of them speak little or no English. They have quite the employment turn over rate. They have to replace workers every time there is a rumor of an ICE raid. We don't want or need amnesty for illegals. We want and need our borders secured and our broken immigration policy fixed.

You know I could say just about everything I said about Obama about Hillary and John too. There's not a nickles worth of difference between the three of them. I do agree with Obama on one thing. It's time for some change. It's time that we put someone in the White House that doesn't have Republican or Democrat after their name.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get my vote! Good read and thanks for coming by my blog!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I know that the differences among these candidates are minimal in many ways. However, I do feel that McCain is preferable to either of the other two (Hillary and Obama).

Disclaimer: I'll retract that statement if McCain chooses Condi Rice as his running mate.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if McCain wins you get more war, more attacks on constitutional rights, more disastrous foreign policy, and more "free" economic disaster....
all of which helps destroy the republic in the long run.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Karlo said...

When the government's arresting Americans on American soil without giving them a trial and engaging in torture, guns are probably not the immediate thing we need to be concerned with.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

I'm inclined to agree with "always on watch", even the disclaimer bit...I can see you are frustrated by current politics in the states or is discouraged a better term......Take care David...

5:32 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Obama lead is almost 10 million

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home