Wednesday, April 09, 2008

An American Life Turned Nightmare

I just read about a Saint Joseph, Missouri resident that went to Vancouver, British Columbia to attend his Father's funeral."Now, Mr. Pamir finds himself stuck in this picturesque Canadian seaport, a prisoner of long-ago missteps. Or maybe a clerical error. Or maybe just bad luck in an age of yellow threat-level suspicions." (Continue reading)

I can not imagine what it would be like to be in Mr. Pamir's situation. I find myself thinking he believed he was a legal citizen or he never would have crossed the border to get to the funeral. He first came to the United States as a child under his parents control, if they entered the country illegally it was not his doing. He claims he tried to get things straightened out years ago and thought he did. If there is a problem with his citizenship I would think both the United States and Canadian governments would help him get this mess straightened out so he could get back to life as he once knew it.

Thanks go to;
The St. Joe. News-Press

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

Ah, see, you are looking at Immigration law as if it is fair and/or logical.

One thing I learned by being a resident alien is that it is completely unfair, unreasonable and without any logic whatsoever.

I'm not saying I don't feel sorry the guy: I do. However, if you aren't a citizen of a country and you know that, you are required to have proof of your legal status on your person at all times. They will usually let you go home with them to get it if you don't have it on you, but if I wasn't unable to prove my legal status, they could have me deported immediately.

It isn't fair, but that is how it is.

This guy's argument is basically, "I never had any problem so I must be okay."

Poor logic.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Poor logic, but that aside I hope the authorities get there heads together and sort something out for this gentleman. He cannot continue in hsi present circumstances, sure there is a valuable lesson in this but red tape is the last thing he needs..Keep us informed David...

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home