Sunday, April 06, 2008

Question Of The Week, 4/6/08

Good morning. Yes I'm late again. I got home from work last night (usually that's when I start working on the Question Of The Week) and started checking my e-mail. I came across a link to an article that told Charlton Heston had passed away. I spent the rest of the night wondering what happened to Hollywood. Rest In Peace Mr.Heston I forgot about the Question Of The Week until now.

A couple of day's ago I read an article that told about a 55 year old Vietnam veteran reenlisting. This weeks Question Of The Week is (Two parts). Now that this has came out will we see more older veterans trying to reenlist? Would more older veterans reenlisting be a good thing for our military?

I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

Thanks go to:

The Washington Post

Greasy On Line

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

6 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

I think they probably will, and I think this is good for the military

1:53 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

will we see more older veterans trying to reenlist?

Probably. A lot of 50-somethings are getting laid off right now. Others are staunch patriots and experienced soldiers. Experience is good!

Would more older veterans reenlisting be a good thing for our military?

As long as the older veterans can meet the physical and training requirements.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

I think it's a good thing. No harm in bringing patriots back into the military. I am also drawn to the message in their actions...

6:10 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question, "Now that this has came out will we see more older veterans trying to reenlist? Would more older veterans reenlisting be a good thing for our military?" Part (1) Yes I think were going to see more older veterans reenlisting. I think the rest of you have covered the reasons pretty well. If I remember right unemployment in Missouri is up to 5.1% now. I'd be willing to bet that there are some older veterans among Missouri's unemployed. Part (2) Yes again. They will be starting out like any other new recruit but I think their experience might help them get promoted faster. They will become leaders/teachers. Their experience could save the lives of some of our younger soldiers.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Yes! Everybody respects the Vietnam Veterans of America.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous fawwaz antivirus said...

Great blog you have herre

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home