Sunday, May 04, 2008

Question Of The Week, 5/4/08

Good morning. Or should I say good afternoon. It is now 1:29 PM Friday. I see Blogger has something new, get a message ready and set the time and date you want it published. I want this to appear at 00:01 on 5/4/08, did it work? That's interesting but it's not this weeks question.

An article in my local paper says, "If a person is declared sane enough to stand trial, then he should be mentally competent to represent himself in court. Right?" No, that's not the question either, continue reading.

I had not heard about the case of Ahmad Edwards until now as far as I can remember.I don't know what kind of defense he has planned. I do know that our judges don't want us to use Common Law to defend ourselves. This weeks Question Of The Week is. Could it be that our judges will try to have you declared unfit to defend yourself if you try to bring Common Law into their court room?

I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
The St Joe News-Press
Wikipedia

4 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

I think a person's insane to represent himself in court even if he isn't incompeten!(Smile)
How many do? Many? Aren't people always given court-ordered lawyers if they can't afford one of their own?

and, really, what qualifies as incompetency? That's a tough one. I suppose shrinks have guidelines for the courts? If they are deemed incompetent in that way, I'd vote against representing themselves. How about you, David?

How're the headaches, by the way? God bless you. z

7:38 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question."Could it be that our judges will try to have you declared unfit to defend yourself if you try to bring Common Law into their court room?" Yes, I think they would if they haven't already. If someone comes into the court wanting to use a Common Law defense or displaying a Title 4 Flag the judge feels threatened. He might feel it would be easy to convince everyone in the court room that anyone that felt there was a difference between his Admiralty Flag and a Title 4 Flag had something wrong with them. I know people that have used Common Law/The Title 4 Flag when going to court and won. If you understand what your doing it can work, one little mistake can cause you big problems. Z ask,"Aren't people always given court-ordered lawyers if they can't afford one of their own?" Yes they are supposed to get a court appointed attorney. "and, really, what qualifies as incompetency?" I think some judges feel it is what ever they say,they do not want to be challanged/questioned in "their court room". If they can prove a person is incompetent the person shouldn't be able to defend themself. Wanting to use Common Law/ The Title 4 Flag in your defense doesn't make you incompetent,foolish if you don't understand what your doing but not incompetent.

My Wife had to take me out to the emergency room Saturday because of a head ach. I have to go see my doctor Tuesday.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Tell me how you're feeling, David...I suffered migraines for YEARS and am so so sorry you have to go through this. You have tried Fiorinal,IMitrex, Excedrin Migraine...all the big gun prescription drugs? You've had a skull scan??

4:34 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Great! Thanks for sharing the information. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this field. Click http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home