Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Did She Read The Bill?

It sounds to me like Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) might have violated federal campaign finance laws that she played a part in passing.(Continue Reading) It kind of makes me wonder. How many times did she read the bill before she decided to vote in favor of it? It seems like all of our elected officials would have seen something like this coming in the future if they read and understood the bill before passing it into law. If I was going to get into a legal agreement with someone I'd read the contract a couple of times before I signed it. If one party wouldn't agree to sign without some changes I'd read the entire revised contract, not just the parts that were changed before signing. I feel the legislation our elected officials vote on is far more important than any contract I'll ever sign. Shouldn't they spend at least as much time reading the bills as I do reading a contract? The folks over at Downsize DC seem to think they should. They are looking for people that will take a little time to help them make our elected officials read every bill that comes before them before voting on it. I hope you will get involved in this worthwhile project.


God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to;
Newsmax.com
Downsize DC

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Sometimes... there's no need to read the Bill. The majority will decide if they gonna sign or not. Please check out http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home