Tuesday, July 01, 2008

China &Cuba Searching For Oil? (Just A Thought)

First I heard that my United States Representative (Sam Graves) and a few other folks have claimed that China is drilling for oil right off the coast of the United States. Then I heard that China and Cuba had teamed up and were searching for oil. Then I heard that this was all rumor and I should not be concerned all I had to do was support Kay Barnes in the up coming election and everything would be alright. (Continue Reading) I don't know about you but I can't help but be concerned after hearing about a China/Cuba partnership.

I was concerned enough to see if I could find anything about a China/Cuba partnership in Granma International (A Cuban Publication). I didn't find anything that comes right out and mentions oil exploration off the coast of the United States, or anywhere else. I did find several articles that mention China. The first of them,"High-ranking Chinese political leader in Cuba" dated June 20, 2008 tells about He Guoquiang, a member of the Permanent Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee and secretary of the Chinese Communist Party’s Central Commission of Disciplinary Control visiting the island (Cuba). He was to attend meetings where economic and scientific matters would be discussed. I'd guess oil could be mentioned at a meeting on economic and scientific issues. (Continue Reading)

The second article, "Raúl receives Chinese delegation" tells about the signing of an economic and technical cooperation agreement between the two countries. (Continue Reading) Once again I'm thinking that could include oil exploration. The article leads me to believe that everyone involved in the meetings would like to see the relationship between the two countries grow stronger.

The June 25, 2008 article, "Fidel receives outstanding leader of the Communist Party of China" seems to cover everything from Fidel's health to the Olympic Games (Continue Reading) except oil exploration.

In the last of the articles, "Chinese leader satisfied with visit to Cuba¡" He Guogiang says good bye to Cuba and promises to return one day, but still doesn't mention oil exploration. (Continue Reading)

I don't know if China and Cuba have formed a partnership to search for oil or not. I feel pretty safe in saying that China and Cuba have formed a relationship that the leaders of both countries want to strengthen. That is something I feel we should all be very concerned about. I'm old enough to remember another time when Cuba was involved in a relationship with a larger more powerful country. That relationship brought us the Cuban Missile Crisis. (Continue Reading) I'm not to sure that todays leaders could get us out of something like that. I can't say that I'd heard a word about this China/Cuba relationship before I started looking into the China-Cuba oil exploration claims. Maybe I missed the news reports. I can't believe that I'm the only one that feels this needs some attention. I really don't think China is getting ready to put a missile base on the island but there are other possibilities. Go ahead and call me paranoid if you'd like. What if China and Cuba were to become such close friends that Cuba would agree to allow China to put a military instillation on the island. A new home for a thousand or so elite ground troops. Just a short hop from the Florida coast. To close for me. No matter what Wal-Mart says I'm not convinced that China is our friend.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

Thanks Go To:
Prime Buzz
Granma International
History and Politics Out Loud

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this is what you are looking for.
http://havanajournal.com/business/entry/cuba_oil_cubapetroleo_signs_deal_with_china_oil_sinopec/
Cuba oil Cubapetroleo signs deal with China oil Sinopec

12:43 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Thank you Anonymous, After I got to the site I found that Cuba has some other oil exploration partners, http://havanajournal.com/business/C13/ India and Brazil. In my opinion that is better than China.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home