Sunday, June 22, 2008

Question Of The Week, 6/22/08

Good morning. In the past month I've read several articles about a new school lunch payment system where students scan their fingers instead of cards. It sounds like this is catching on or causing a controversy nation wide. It all depends on who wrote the article I guess. Yesterday there was one in my local paper that tells about the controversy in Clinton County, Missouri. (Continue Reading) This weeks Question Of The Week is. Do you support or oppose the use of a system that transforms a student’s electronic fingerprint into a numeric code for this or any other reason?

I'm going to change things here just a little. I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Tuesday morning.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
The St. Joseph News-Press

5 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

I can see advantages to the new approach. However, it makes me think of Orwell's 1984.

Pretty soon, we're going to be turning all our schools into locked-down compounds. That doesn't seem wise to me, although I certainly understand the need for security.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Steve Harkonnen said...

Sounds like the mark of the beast to me. Literally.

I second AOW's discussion. Very much like 1984, indeed!

5:51 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question,"Do you support or oppose the use of a system that transforms a student’s electronic fingerprint into a numeric code for this or any other reason?" I oppose this or any finger or palm scanning, but not just in our schools. A few years ago they got rid of the time clocks were I work and replaced them with palm scanners. So much for looking at old time cards (A paper trail) when there is a question about your hours. Two years ago I got a spider bite on my finger. It was swollen pretty bad so the scanner didn't recognize my print for over two months. There is just to much that can and will go wrong with these systems. I'd be willing to bet any second rate hacker could get in, and our identities are in there somewhere, just waiting to be stolen. The powers that be want them in our schools so our children and grand children will get used to and except them at a young age. That way they will be eaiser to control later

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

David,
Points well taken.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Yes. For protection. I guess

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home