Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bill Considers Pets in Disaster Plans

I first heard about this when I was getting on-line a while ago. An AOL Poll ask if you supported or opposed this legislation and if you would leave your pets behind during a disaster. We have dogs and cats around here. When we get up my wife knows that she is wasting her time if she starts fixing a meal right away. The pets are all taken care of before I eat. I can't say that I'd support the legislation. I don't know that the government, state, local or federal would be able to get the animals out. On the other hand I don't think they should expect me to follow orders to the letter during an evacuation. Before I leave the area I'll be rounding the pets up and taking them with me. I would hope that all responsible pet owners feel this way. In their own way each of our pets are there for me when I'm feeling bad. I owe it to them to be there for them if disaster strikes.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

While I wouldn't leave a pet behind (had I a pet) if I could help it, I don't think the government should be legislating caring for pets in a crisis situation. I think there's some poor priorities there. People come first!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Life of a People comes first before anything else. Go to http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home