Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Two Females I Won't Call Ladies

Yesterday I almost commented on something that was in the NewsMax (www.newsmax.com) Left Coast Report. Then I decided that two of the people mentioned in the article weren't worth commenting on. Today I got something in the e-mail that made me change my mind. I might make some comments in italics.

In the Left Coast Report, Rosie O'Donnell Defends Fonda, condemns Bush.

Rosie O'Donnell apparently wants to give a little gas to one of her many careers. O'Donnell has been a standup comic, TV talk show host, magazine publisher and Broadway star, but now she's acting in movies again. You may have seen Rosie recently in the made-for TV film "Riding the Bus with My Sister." In it, she portrays a developmentally challenged woman. No I can't bring myself to watch someone that has attacked the Second Amendment to our Constitution and promoted gay and lesbian life styles as often as Rosie has. While on a promo tour for the flick, O'Donnell took time out to come to the defense of Jane Fonda and her traitorous Vietnam conduct. Rosie related a tale to Fox News Channels Geraldo Rivera about how when she "was a kid and the Vietnam War was on," Fonda was "the only person standing up and saying what every kid that was 9 years old like I was knew-war was wrong and we shouldn't go over and kill people." No Rosie many stood up and opposed the war, they just didn't make a trip to Vietnam to put American lives in danger. It made me wonder whether the sight of Rosie making an appearance on the supposedly arch-conservative Fox News Channel, shooting the breeze with Geraldo and heaping praise on Honoi Jane had liberals reaching for their smelling salts. O'Donnell continued opining militarily, saying, "You know (President Bush) invaded a sovereign nation (Iraq) in defiance of the U.N. He is basically a war criminal! He should be tried in the Hague!" Jane should have been tried for giving aid and comfort to the enemy. She disclosed that her publicist recommended she "stop talking about politics." That was good advice Rosie. Rosie is now expressing herself through her blog. If anyone knows how to find her site please let me know. I wonder if it has a comment section? In fact she writes that she recently turned down an invitation from the " Late Show with David Letterman" because executive producer Rob Burnett had accused her of trying to steal Letterman's job. The Left Coast Report can't say it better than Burnett's counter, "The last thing I want to do is get into a fight with a powerful celebrity who has a blog read by tens of people."

Today I received an e-mail from an old friend, that is why I changed my mind and mentioned the Left Coast Report on Rosie. The Subject line of today's e-mail read, Fw: A Traitor About To Be Honored.

A very wise man once told me, the greatest forgivness is to forgive one who does not deserve to be forgiven.... True but very difficult to do.

TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED
She really was a traitor.

A TRAITOR IS ABOUT TO BE HONORED KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA

This is for all the kids born in the 70's who do not remember, and didn't have to bear the burden that our fathers, mothers and older brothers and sisters had to bear. Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the Century." Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country, but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam. I remember these times well. I remember a day in my high school lunch room. Three friends of mine were called to the office to be told that there older brother had been killed in Vietnam. Today I wear a POW/MIA bracelet that bears the name GYSGT Galen F. Humphrey his plane went down over water in North Vietnam on 2/1/66. I have met his wife and three of his children. Should these people be expected to forgive Jane Fonda for her actions in Vietnam. The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison the "Hanoi Hilton." Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's he was ordered to describe for a visiting America "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and was dragged away. During the subsequent beating, he fell forward on to the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied application of a wooden baton. From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the "Hanoi Hilton",,, the first three of which his family only knew he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit. They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they were alive and still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his Social Security Number on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper. She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POW's she turned to the officer in charge and handed him all the little pieces of paper. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Colonel Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know of her actions that day. If I was Carrigan I don't feel I would ever be able to forgive or forget what she did and I don't feel we should expect him to. I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one year in a cage in Cambodia; and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi. My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border. At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.) We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals." When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with her. I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received... and how different it was from treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as "humane and lenient." Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched with large steel weights placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane. I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda soon after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She never did answer me. These first-handed experiences do not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100 Years of Great Women." Least we forget... "100 Years of Great Women should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots. There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them. Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know that we will never forget. Ronald D. Sampson, CMSgt, USAF 716 Maintance Squadron, Chief of Maintance DSN: 875-6431 COMM:883-6343.

I know some of you have seen at least parts of that in the past, but people younger than you need to know about Jane's past. I hope you will tell them about her actions so they will know she is not the kind of person they should look up to. If Jane wants a chance to explain her actions to some Vietnam veterans she could always show up for Skidmore, Missouri's Freedom Fest. Maybe Rosie would like to go along with her so she can explain why she feels honest law abiding citizens should be disarmed. Check out my May 3, 2005 post, Planning A September Vacation.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The thing with the F in it's last name is not even allowed to have it's name mentioned in this house.
Looks like the other will be them same (not that it was anyway lol)
I like your blog, came throuhg here via blog explosion. We moved to Texas last year from Springfield, MO, we sure miss it.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home