Thursday, April 28, 2005

Pro-Life Victory

I just read an Associated Press article (House OKs Bill Toughening Abortion Consent, By Laurie Kellman, 4/28/05) that says that after an easy House victory the latest efforts to stop abortion will move to the Senate where Republican gains make the passing of legislation that would prevent minors from crossing state lines to get abortions without parental consent more likely. According to spokeswoman Amy Call Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn) plans on bringing such a bill to a vote this summer, it is to be on his top ten priority list.

I'm always happy to get news like this. I feel I have a good reason for being pro-life. I was born in 1950 and put up for adoption at birth. If you read my adoption papers they show my birth Mothers name (that's all I know about her) and say father unknown. From that I assume my birth Mother was not married. Think of how an un-wed pregnant woman would have been viewed by the public in 1950. I'm sure she could have gotten an illegal back alley abortion, but she choose to carry me full term and give birth. She may have made mistakes in her life, but as far as I know she was not a murderer. As far as I'm concerned abortion is just another word for murder, don't forget Congress made it a separate crime to harm a fetus during an assault on a pregnant woman. To me that is saying the fetus is a life, take a life and your charged with murder. I have far more respect for my unknown birth Mother than I do for all the abortion providers and the legislators and judges that support them put together.

I'm praying that this legislation will easily pass in the Senate.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

The abortion issue would not be an issue if we could get unmarried people to stop having sex. I believe in order to do that we have to give kids the cold hard facts about what could happen if you have sex. I would prefer to make it a religious issue, but the minute you mention Jesus, most people walk away. I know cause I use to be that way.

Your birth mom had a lot of strength. God bless her.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad your biological mom had the option of giving birth. Not all mothers do.

Murder consists of many things. Not excluding dropping bombs on innocent people.

I think abortion is a viable option in some pregnancies. Not all, but some.

7:32 PM  
Blogger loboinok said...

Great news, and great post! Abortion is so sad!

Wanted to invite you to our live chat tonight! Starts around 8 p.m. EST till whenever! Come on over and meet other bloggers! The link is in my sidebar! Hope to see you!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Abortion is becoming a casualty nowadays. Abortion appears like an awful crime.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home