Friday, May 06, 2005

Second Amendment Solidified

I just read a New American magazine article, "Second Amendment Solidified" (http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/publish/article_1363.shtml) by Kurt Williamsen. The article tells about a Department of Justice report that says the Second Amendment does protect the right of the individual. I took that to be good news at first. Then I noticed that the article was talking about a 102 page memorandum that was placed on the Department of Justices website on December 17, 2004. If I'm not mistaken John Ashcroft would have been our Attorney General at that time. On February 3, 2005 Alberto R. Gonzales (http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/aggonzalesbio.html) was sworn in as Attorney General. Since Gonzales is in favor of reinstating the Assault Weapons Ban to protect law enforcement officers I wonder if the Department of Justice will change it's stand on the Second Amendment. I pray I'm mistaken, but I have a feeling that the Second Amendment will come under attack quite often now that Gonzales is Attorney General.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger The GTL™ said...

Gonzales scares the crap out of me. Check out today's post at my own blog for more info. It appears this man is a far-right, religious, whacko zealot. This is cute, but not when they hold high offices of power.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

It is perfect time to make some plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I've learn this publish and it's very helpful... Please check out http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home