Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Constitution Day 2009

Tomorrow will be September 17, 2009, or Constitution Day 2009. A holiday that deserves a lot more attention than it gets. Most folks don't celebrate it. Chances are they don't even know about it. I don't know, do K-Mart and Wal-Mart run Constitution Day specials? I doubt that very much.

If you don't do anything else to celebrate the day at least take a little time to read the United States Constitution. It's not long or hard to understand. If you have school age children have them read it with you. Starting this year make reading the Constitution together on September 17th a family tradition.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
Wikipedia

5 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

thanks for reminding us .

7:54 PM  
Blogger Flummox said...

There are flags up and down South Grand here in Spencer. I have little Constitution Day displays out up in the library in both the children's and adult sections.

8:44 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Happy Constitution Day!

I hope the library displays get folks attention and they will decide to do a little serious reading.

I remember the 1st time I read the Constitution. I was in Mr. Clark's eight grade class at Edison Elementary School here in Saint Joseph. Before he became a teacher he was a Marine Corps DI for 21 years, I had him his first year as a teacher. He wrote his own Constitution Test. He told us not to worry if we failed we would have the opportunity to retake it, next year. Yes, I passed. At the time I was sure I didn't want to spend another year with Mr. Clark. Now I think he is the best teacher I ever had. Seems he wanted to make sure his students read and understood one of the most important documents ever written.

Don't forget we have two more important dates coming up soon. Sept. 19 is POW/MIA Recognition Day and Sept. 21 is World Alzheimer's Day.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

9:55 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

I'm sorry POW/MIA Recognition Day is on the 18th this year. It is the third Friday of the month, not a certain date.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

To some people who don't know what is Constitution Day.

Constitution Day (or Citizenship Day) is an American federal observance that recognizes the adoption of the United States Constitution and those who have become U.S. citizens.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home