Friday, August 28, 2009

Alzheimer's Research Funding Legislation

Alzheimer's In The House was set up to be a place for us to tell others what we're doing to deal with the problem of living with Alzheimer’s. Now it seems that Alzheimer's has become a regular topic around here too. I didn't mean for that to happen but some things just seem to fit in here better than at Alzheimer's In The House. I've posted messages about H.R. 3286 (Read pdf version) and S.1492 (Read pdf version), Alzheimer's Breakthrough Act of 2009 at both sites. I've contacted my elected officials to urge them to support both of these bills.

Today I was reading something that lead me to S. 1555 (Read pdf version), A bill to establish the Office of the National Alzheimer's Project. The piece I'd been reading had lead me to believe that S.1555 was all about getting more funding for Alzheimer's research. In my opinion S.1555 does more to expand the size of the federal government than it does to find a cure for Alzheimer's. I'm sorry folks but we don't need to find another Czar, we need to find a cure.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tera Gold said...

Great site! If you have a good look at that!
In addition to a cup of tea, so I can sit and have a good read.
I know a little wahm who are interested in taking a look tooHere useful link:Tera Online Tera Gold

2:14 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Hope they found the cure. But until 2017, still no cure. Check out http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home