Saturday, August 08, 2009

Unemployment Figures

I always have a problem with articles that try to paint a rosy picture while telling about the unemployment rate. It seems to me that there are some folks that are forgotten about. The ones whose benefits have ran out. Mine will soon, I was laid off on August 31, 2008. After the benefits are gone and I'm no longer drawing unemployment they will be able to consider me employed because I'm no longer calling in to file my weekly claim.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
The Washington Times

3 Comments:

Blogger Slapinions said...

I was laid off on Nov 13th, 2008. If your life has turned to (financial) crap since the layoff as much as mine has, I feel for you.

Take care,

Dan

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Prime said...

It's really very silly that marginally attached and discouraged workers are not included in the official unemployment rate that disseminated every month. Makes no sense. Whenever the employment situation report comes out, I go straight to this page to get the real deal:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm

11:53 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

For those youngsters they should get life insurance or long term care insurance so they got pay for their Assisted Living like http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com once they enter their Golden years.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home