Monday, August 24, 2009

I Just Got Home From A Town Hall Meeting

I've just been home for a short while now. I went to our United States Representative Sam Graves (R-Mo) town hall meeting. During the question and answer part they took questions right up to the last person before me and announced that would be the last question. So I didn't get to ask Representative Graves where he stands on H.R. 3286. After the meeting one of his staffers gave me a little card to fill out that had a space for questions. I wrote a little bit about Alzheimer's being in Sues family history and ask him where he stood on H.R. 3286. Graves did bring his copy of the health care reform bill with him, all one thousand plus pages of it. He is opposed to it. He said they will try to pass it in September or October. They can't let it wait until next year because that is an election year and the health care reform bill is radioactive. No one will support it then for fear of losing their job. Graves also pointed out that some of what is in the current bill was also in the 93 Hillarycare. Folks didn't want it then and they don't want it now.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank you for posting about health care and politics in a level-headed tone. I've been gathering different perspectives on these issues, and it's hard to find stuff (from any angle) that is sensible.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

You've got a nice site. Politics and Health. See http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

12:53 AM  
Anonymous VAT Accounting Software Dubai said...

Nice blog.The way of writing in a simple way is very interesting.Thank you

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home