Saturday, August 09, 2008

City Has Fastest-Growing Hispanic Population In U.S.

Here's a question for you and it isn't even Sunday. What United States city has the country's fastest growing Hispanic population? According to an August, 8, 2008 article in my local paper and the United States Census Bureau the answer is Saint Joseph, Missouri. "The Hispanic population in Buchanan County grew from 2,397 people in July 2006 to 2,980 in July 2007, a 24 percent increase. The majority of the growth occurred in St. Joseph, where a 21 percent jump was the largest by percentage in the nation." (Continue Reading) I live in the part of Saint Joseph that a good deal of these new residents have set up house keeping in. When I first heard that Triumph Foods was going to put a pork packing plant in Saint Joseph I knew we would see an increase in our Hispanic population but I never would have guessed that we'd be able to say we're number one. I don't have a problem with immigrants. I don't even have a problem with immigrants moving into my neighborhood, I wish they'd learn to speak English. I guess Mr. Ochoa and I will have to disagree there. I wonder, do auto shops in Mexico have English speaking mechanics to help United States citizens that take trips into Mexico? I do have a problem with people that come into our country illegally. They are not immigrants, they are illegal aliens and they should be deported as soon as they are caught. I have a problem with companies that knowingly hire illegal aliens. When ever they are caught doing this they should be fined lets say one thousand dollars per illegal caught. The fines should be doubled for a second offence, tripled for a third and so on. They should also pay all legal fees involved with the illegals deportation hearing and the transportation cost to get them back to the country they came from.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
The St. Joseph News-Press

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Harkonnen said...

I am surprised it's not Waynesboro, Virginia. I don't live there but very close to it, and I have seen an exponential jump in Hispanics here since 1998 when I moved into the area. Although I don't live in Waynesboro, I live close enough to go shopping there.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Great post! I fully agree about your comments on illegals and reamin concerned about the lobng term implications of such rapid rises in Hispanic populations. show me a real American in 50 to 100 years?

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What makes for a real american? White?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

There are 57.5 Million as of June 2017. That's why President Trump make a move to build $15 Billion US-Mexican Wall in the border. Check out http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home