Sunday, February 18, 2007

Question Of The Week, 2/18/07

Good morning. After I got home from work last night I started checking my e-mail and the latest news looking for something to use for this weeks question. After a while I decided to use the conversations that were taking place in my living room. Several times in about a half an hour people had to be reminded some places will be closed Monday, Presidents Day. Our Grand Daughter and I started talking about the reason for the Holiday, I'd like to invite you to be a part of that conversation. This weeks Question Of The Week is. What or who should we be honoring on Presidents Day? I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks, so that is my excuse.

Interesting question. When I was a kid it was two holidays: George Washington's birthday and Lincoln's birthday. Then they got combined. So in my opinion, we should be celebrating the accomplishements and the memory of these two great leaders.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

When I was in school, the week approaching the holidays for Presidents was filled with activities relating to the acoomplishments of those Presidents.

Perhaps on Presidents' Day, we should all be studying history related to the above.

As it is now, Presidents' Day is mostly a day for shopping and taking advantage of sales. Most adults don't give a hoot about what the day is supposed to mean.

6:40 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by."What or who should we be honoring on Presidents Day?"I've been trying to figure out the meaning of this day for a long time. I think we lost Washington and Lincoln's birthday celebrations to the politically correct. They would like us to remember/honor all of our past presidents.I'm sorry but there are some of them that I don't feel deserve a celebration.A few years ago for that reason I told some people that I didn't celebrate Presidents Day. During that discussion someone said I should out of respect for the office. That gives me an idea for another question. When was the last time we had a President that respected the office? I think AOW is onto something. If we're going to celebrate the day lets do it by studying the life and times of Washington and Lincoln.

BTW, I had to go in to work a half hour early for a business meeting on Presidents Day (?).

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Presidents' Day is an American holiday. Originally established in 1885 in recognition of President George Washington, it is still officially called “Washington’s Birthday” by the federal government. Presidents’ Day is now popularly viewed as a day to celebrate all U.S. presidents past and present.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home