Sunday, February 11, 2007

Question Of The Week, 2/11/07

Good morning. I knew I was behind but this is really bad. Back to back questions of the week. I've had quite a bit going on around home this week to keep me busy. For what it's worth, I'm also about a week behind on my e-mail. I got the idea for this weeks Question Of The Week from a February 6, 2007 column by Chuck Baldwin. Do you think more American voters are beginning to agree that, "Even a virtually unknown candidate with limited experience, but someone who understands the issues and has the backbone to do what is right, would be head and shoulders above what the two major parties are currently shoving down our throats."?
I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.
Thanks go to:
God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

Back in 1974, Jimmy Carter was a major-party candidate who ran as "an outsider." He ran as a kind of populist and on his Christian values. In fact, his campaign was the first to run on an evangelical message.

Why am I speaking of Jimmy Carter? Well, because in 1974, much of America was disgusted with the Republican Party--over Watergate, of course.

Today, the situation is a bit different. Neither the front runners of the Dems nor the Reps is taking the national-sovereignty position regarding our borders and illegal immigration. I see many American voters with whom I speak on a regular basis as disgusted with both parties. But can a third-party candidate of the type you're speaking of get elected? I don't think so.

Our Founders understood the problems of a two-party system. Now, some 200 years later, we're seeing the worst aspects of the two-party system.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Don't forget to visit my QUESTION OF THE WEEK!

5:15 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Thanks for stopping by to answer this weeks question. I'm really late this time, I've been busy all week and Monday night I came home to a family emergency. Our six month old Great Grand Daughter was running a high fever so they took her out to the emergency room, during the snow storm. She is back now. The E.R. room doctor says the problem is she is teething. Her Mother had a lot of trouble when her teeth came in too. This weeks question,"Do you think more American voters are beginning to agree that, "Even a virtually unknown candidate with limited experience, but someone who understands the issues and has the backbone to do what is right, would be head and shoulders above what the two major parties are currently shoving down our throats."? I think more voters agree that there is a real serious problem with the two party system. I don't think they a quite ready to get behind a third party or independent candidate just yet but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think we will hear the Rep. and Dem. partys called the major political partys after this coming presidential election. In the near future we will be reading about four way races and a Dem. or Rep. candidate will be called the underdog or long shot candidate.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home