Thursday, February 01, 2007

Gone But Not Forgotten

I wear a stainless steel bracelet on my right arm that has "GYSGT Galen F. Humphrey USMC 02-01-66 NVN/OW" engraved on it. I told the people I got my POW/MIA bracelet from I wanted one with the name of someone from the Saint Joseph, Missouri area on it. They told me that GYSGT Humphrey was the only POW from Saint Joseph. He has been missing for 41 years today. I've had several people tell me I might as well take it off because he has been dead for years. Our government is going to have to come up with more proof than what they have offered his family so far to make me believe that. I've had the honor to meet several of his family members and the last I knew they weren't quite ready to give up and forget him. The bracelet will remain on my arm until the day they are able to introduce him to me live and in person or lay him to rest. God bless GYSGT Humphrey, gone but not forgotten.

Thanks go to:

The P.O.W. NETWORK

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Do you think America did their best to found the Missing soldier?

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home