Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gas Price In Your Area Update, 8/3/05

A week ago today I filled the tank. At that time mid grade gasoline cost $2.14 per gallon in Saint Joseph, Missouri (where I live). Today I had to fill the tank again. Today's price was $2.24 per gallon, pretty soon I get the feeling that I will be working to keep gas in the car to get back and forth from work. If you check the above link you can see what gas prices were in other areas a week ago. Please go to today's comment section and let us know what you are now paying for gasoline in your area.

I think I will start doing this every week just to keep track of gasoline prices across the country. Your help sure would be appreciated.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Southern Illinois: $2.34

This is crazy. I see no end in sight. My car cost $40 to fill up. As long as big oil runs the White House then this is only the beginning. Bush will not talk about gas prices, something he personally makes millions from, but has no qualms talking about God, something I believe he politicizes for his own gain.

I think it's a slap in the face that Bush and Co. act as if they have no control over the price of gasoline.

6:41 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

I guess Christopher, Willowesss and Thought & Humor don't buy gasoline.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

7:09 PM  
Blogger The Sovereign Editor said...

On 2005/07/26, I got gas for $2.19 in Tampa. Then I went home the next day and got gas for $2.27. I was sad. Last night I got gas for $2.29. On the bright side, that's only $1.79 in 1995 dollars (but in 1995, I was getting gas for $1.16), $1.07 in 1981 dollars, or $0.85 in 1979 dollars. And there are no lines or gas rationing. Life is still good -- but I have a feeling that it's going to take a concerted, conscious effort on the part of We the People to keep it that way.

From time to time, I like to address energy issues on my own blog:
---------The Tyrants of Beijing will not acquire Unocal
---------Viable Alternative Energy: Solar Energy Production Satellite (SEPS)

4:48 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I have to get gas today. Will check the price and return here (unless the CAIR/WMAL issue heats up).

5:34 AM  
Blogger BLOGBANK said...

La Jolla, California, Union 76 on Pearl Street....$2.84 for the "Cheap" stuff.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

I haven't noticed the price around town yet, David. I'll be out today and I'll take a look. I do my best not to drive too much when I don't have to. The perils of being a college student with limited resources.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

Average price in the Des Moines area is $2.09, I believe. But I did see a place at $2.02 today.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Average gas as of today in MO is $2.21 per gallon.

Please check this http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home