Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Check Out Widdecombe's Stop And Search Warning

England seems to be taking a different approach to fighting the war on terrorism. I heard about this, http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/167/167891_widdecombes_stop_and_search_warning.html while listening to Jerry Hughes at http://www.accentradionetwork.com/ yesterday. I like this approach to fighting the war on terrorism and wanted to share it with anyone that might have missed it. I hope you will check out the Accent Radio Network link to listen to Jerry and some other great programs online. Jerry is a great writer/talk show host, a supporter of the United States Constitution (and the Libertarian Party) and an old friend of mine. We met when he was speaking on Constitutional issues in Kansas City a few years ago. As far as I'm concerned if your not listening to Jerry your missing out on a good deal of the daily news.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

I've flown only once since 9/11, and I got pulled aside for a thorough check both ways. Perhaps the my wearing of bulky winter clothing and running shoes was a factor. But my cousin also had the same experience when she flew, and she wasn't wearing anything "suspicious." Neither of us looks vaguely Middle Eastern nor do we have Middle Eastern names. One has to wonder what the search criteria are. While I am not a "litle old lady," I noticed on my trip (and, of course, have heard on the news) that rather innocuous people were targeted for a search.

Thanks to the likes of the ACLU, and other groups as well, profiling of any sort is forbidden. This is stupid! If not every person can be searched, then some appropriate targeting should be implemented. CAIR has publicly come out against profiling, and, therefore, I favor profiling. Furthermore, we are in a war, and appropriate security steps need to be implemented.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I think the long link caused your postings to shift down. Do you know how to enable links so that they're shorter? A fellow blogger just taught me how to shortcut the links in text.

If you're interested, I can tell you how. My email is on my site.

(Pardon my butting in)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home