Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Good News For Supporters Of The Second Amendment

According to this (http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=8279) online Human Events article S.397, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act should have enough support to pass when it comes up for a vote. I just hope that a few anti-gunners don't ruin a good piece of legislation by attaching anti-gun ownership amendments to it. That's what got the bill defeated last time. So once again I want to ask you to contact your United States Senators (http://www.senate.gov/) and urge them to support S.397 as it was written, amendment free.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Woods said...

I think that the technique's used to get this bill to the floor of the Senate for a vote were simply outrageous. Instead of finishing debating the defense spending authorization bill, Sen. Frist interrupted that debate to bring up this one. So, in a time of war, he said screw the soldiers, we can get back to them after our August vacation and worry about the NRA and gun lobby right now.

10:15 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Chris, I still support S.937, but I don't think they should have put off taking action on the defense bill. The only thing I had read about it was a comment made by Sen. Reed D-R.I., so I contacted Sen.Frist to see what he has to say. I'll let you know when I get an answer.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home