Monday, August 01, 2005

Question Of The Week Follow Up

First I want to thank everyone that stopped by to answer yesterdays Question Of The Week. I said that I thought President Bush would appoint Bolton during the recess. I didn't think it would happen this soon. Thank you for the breaking news Joseph (http://theindependentliberal.blogspot.com) I had just got out of bed when I found your last comment to the Question Of The Week. Since then I have found a Newsday.com article on recess appointments you might find interesting, http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-recess-appointments-glance,0,1206667.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines. It says that President Bush has now made 106 recess appointments. President Clinton made 140 while he was in office. President Daddy Bush made 77 and President Reagan topped everyone mentioned with 243 recess appointments. Presidents Washington and Kennedy each made one, and President Eisenhower made three. I do hope you will take the time to read the article.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

6 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

You called this one! I didn't expect the recess appointment so fast either.

The Newsday article is very informative. Thurgood Marshall? How interesting!

12:13 PM  
Blogger loboinok said...

Interesting to see how many those other presidents made.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

Oh so President Kennedy made a recess appointment also. That is interesting since Ted Kennedy said today that recess appointments "evade the Constitutional requirements of the Senate" I tried to find information about Ted Kennedy criticizing his brother at the time, but I came up empty. I wonder why?

Thank you for commenting in my blog and participating in my poll.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the link. I've been looking for that article.

10:14 AM  
Blogger The GTL™ said...

Very interesting stuff, David! Thanks for sharing this with us :-)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

President Bush made 171 recess appointments.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home