Thursday, July 14, 2005

Train Security

It's been a long time since I have traveled by train. I think it was before I was in my teens, I'll be 55 next month. I've talked to a few people that do travel by rail from time to time. From what they tell me security is pretty lax. I think that is a little frightening when you think about last weeks terrorist attacks in London. Yesterday I found out that there has been some legislation introduced (since the London attacks) that might beef up our rail traffic security. You can check it out by going to http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.html and typing in S.1379. I'm not going to say this legislation will solve the problem, but it could be a step in the right direction. I'd hate to see the Department Of Homeland Security go overboard with this which I feel they did with Air Port Security but the possibility of a terrorist attack ( a lot of us feel there will be another one, see my Question Of The Week, 7/10/05) involving rail traffic should not be ignored.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger tpjewelry said...

Kauf und Verkauf von Gold in den thomas sabo Goldmarkt hat viel an Popularität gewonnen

1:56 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Very nice post. The residents of http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com definitely appreciate this topic.

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home