Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Support The Troops

I've told you before that I subscribe to my United States Representative, Sam Graves (R-MO) E-mail Newsletter, Straight Talk With Sam, I've shared some of them with you. This week Sam talks about us showing our support for our troops that are serving over seas. I've said before that I don't think it should matter if we support or oppose the war. We should show our support for the men and women that have chosen to support their country by serving in the Armed Forces. The Defense Department has made it possible for you to show your support.To tell you more about this I would like to share the latest issue of Straight Talk With Sam with you.

STRAIGHT TALK WITH SAM

Support the Troops

The Fourth of July is celebrated to mark our independence from tyranny in 1776. That day did not mark the end of our struggle for liberty; it would be another seven years before the war for independence would conclude. Even after the Declaration of Independence was signed battles like the siege of Boston, the famous crossing of the Delaware River and the battle for Lexington raged.

Today we have loved ones who are fighting both for our freedom from terrorist and to help a young nation thirsting for freedom rise to its feet in both Iraq and Afganistan. While our soldiers believe in the work they are doing, it is never easy being away from home.

When I visited Iraq, one of the things the soldiers told me was how much they like hearing from people at home. The Defense Department has set up a new website where you can show your support for our troops.

www.AmericaSupportsYou.mil allows you to communicate your support for our Armed Forces overseas. You can share stories and hear back from troops from your own home state. I hope that you will visit this website and show the troops how much you care.

This is a program that all Americans can support. While we celebrate the freedom of America we cannot forget those who fight overseas to protect those precious freedoms. As our troops serve their country overseas, all of us here at home can make a difference by simply letting our troops know that we support them.

Sincerely,

Sam Graves,
Member of Congress
http://www.house.gov/graves/

Like Sam I hope you will use this site to send a message to our troops, let them know you support them.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Woods said...

So far, almost everything I've heard about this site has been positive.

I have heard a couple of rumors though that they monitor comments and take down ones that bash the administration or the war too much.

Like I said, they're just rumors though and I hope they stay that way.

Other than that, I agree that this site, while politically motivated, is a great way to support our men and women overseas whether or not you agree with this ridiculous war.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

We want to see what is the website up to... However it seems it's already not working anymore. We at http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com pray for our US soldiers around the globe.

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home