Tuesday, July 12, 2005

And The Next United States Supreme Court Nominee Will Be?

If you've ever been here before I'm sure you know that I would never support a candidate for any office if I knew the candidate had ever supported legislation that violated the Second Amendment (or any other part) of the United States Constitution. So it would be safe to bet that I would never support the idea of nominating someone to a position on the Supreme Court if I thought that person might be a threat to any part of the Constitution. I was opposed to the idea of Alberto Gonzales becoming our Attorney General so I sure don't want to see him appointed to the Supreme Court. Attorney Generals are only with us for a short time, Supreme Court Justices last a life time. I hope you will check out this Gun Owners Of America (GOA) (www.gunowners.org) article/action alert http://www.gunowners.org/a071105.htm which ask the question, "Will the Next Supreme Court Justice Support the Second Amendment?" and urges you to, "Ask President Bush NOT to nominate the anti-gun Alberto Gonzales" to the Supreme Court. Please use the link GOA has provided to send a message to the President. I think firearms owners and those that oppose firearms ownership will be able to agree on this one, Gonzales is not the right choice.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 Comments:

Blogger loboinok said...

Great find! It is an important to have a judge with a philosphy of actually protecting our rights. The left are focused on abortion...we should let that distract us from their other views.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather disputable.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home