Wednesday, July 06, 2005

In Memory Of Retired Vice Adm. James B. Stockdale

I feel we lost a great American yesterday when Retired Navy Vice Adm. James B. Stockdale passed away. During the seven and a half years he spent as a Prisoner Of War in Vietnam he gave fellow POW's the strength and hope they needed to survive their ordeal. I hope you will take the time to go to this Department of Defense News Release to read about Retired Vice Adm. Stockdale, http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/2005/nr20050705-3886.html You will find a link to his bio there. I'd also like to ask you to say a prayer for him and his family.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

4 Comments:

Blogger loboinok said...

May he rest in peace. Today another tragedy has occured. I second what Joseph said. Prayers for London.

6:49 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Whymrhymer, It seems to me that the true patriots are ridiculed quite often.I feel Vice Adm. Stockdale would have made a good VP. I have mentioned my friends Chuck and Mary Schantag of www.pownetwork.org in the past. They have been guest at the Perot home.

I got to do some reading, I got home from work and found out about the attacks in London.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

8:04 AM  
Blogger JustaDog said...

Good men are getting scarce. Now Vice Adm. James B. Stockdale is one truly worthy of awards and metals and a true patriot.

Yes, there are those not worthy, and not true patriots.

His family and his fellow countrymen (and women) are very proud he shared his life with us.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

A true patriot. Even severely beaten and taken as a prisoner. He not give any information about his country. We at http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com gonna pray for your soul.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home