Saturday, November 01, 2008

48 Crosses

A local Catholic Church sets up a display every year to draw attention to abortion. "At first glance, it might look like a graveyard. This isn’t the intent, but it’s fitting in that the display seeks to portray the number of lives ended by abortion since the procedure became legal in 1973: one million for each of the 48 crosses standing in front of St. James, 5814 King Hill Ave. in St. Joseph.

“It’s tragic, because they’re mostly lives lost for the convenience of the mother,” says Candise Schmidling, one of the parishioners involved in creating the display. “The baby doesn’t have a voice or protection like it should.” (Continue Reading)

Mentioning abortion will get my attention real quick. I was born in 1950 and put up for adoption at birth. My adoption papers show my Birth Mothers name and read father unknown. That leads me to believe she was unwed, and chances are she would have been looked down on in 1950. If she would have looked into it she probably could have found someone that would perform an abortion but she chose to let me live. She might have made some mistakes along the way but as far as I know this unknown lady was not a murderer. I admire her more than any of the pro-choice politicians that are currently running for office. That is just one of my reasons for voting for Chuck Baldwin and Darrell Castle for President and Vice President on November 4, 2008.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

Thanks go to:
The St. Joseph News-Press

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Abortion is not an option. The child in the womb is not doing anything. They are little angels. Learn more about http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home