Sunday, October 21, 2007

Question Of The Week, 10/21/07

Good morning. Have you figured out why I feel it is important to ask this series of questions at this time? I was getting ready to post this weeks question and started asking myself what can you ask someone about the Third Amendment to the United States Constitution?

Amendment III
No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

It seems easy enough to understand. Is it something we should be concerned about? Should it be taken out of the Constitution? I don't think so! This weeks Question Of The Week is. Has anyone ever filed a case claiming there had been a violation of the Third Amendment?

I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

I really don't know. Looking forward to hearing your answer.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Tapline said...

I think it should be where it is. Although, we haven't esperienced it for quite some time. I can remember during WWII soldiers would come to the house and have coffee and doughnuts mother would make and leave in the kitchen when they would come by on patrol all hours of the night and sometimes were providing respite in a spare bedroom depending on when they came through. They called my mother Ma and father Pa. They always brought sugar and coffe with them as they were rationed and knew we didn't have those items.......I ramble....stay well...

8:46 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question, "Has anyone ever filed a case claiming there had been a violation of the Third Amendment?" My first thought would have been no, well maybe in the 1700's.I was sure that no one would be expected (or forced) to house troops in modern times. So I was surprised to learn that two New York correctional officers felt their rights (3rd Amendment) had been violated when they were forced to leave their facility apartments so New York National Guard members could use them during a 1979 correctional officers strike. Yes they did file a case, http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/engblom.html .
I see no one has tried to figure out why now (?) for this series of questions yet. I do have, what I feel is a good reason.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

Sorry I am a late comer, like praguetwin I did not know. Tapline's story is interesting, how kind of the elders to accomodate the needs of soldiers!

Thanks David...

4:09 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Anthony Mitchell was at home on July 10, 2011, when cops called his home and said they needed to occupy the house in order to gain a “tactical advantage” in dealing with a domestic violence case at a neighbor’s home. Anthony said the cops violated Third Amendment.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home