Sunday, September 02, 2007

Question Of The Week, 9/2/07

Good morning (I guess I should say Good Afternoon). It's been pretty busy around my house. We're in the process of moving/buying a different house. There are some things you can't miss no matter how busy you are and I'm sure the subject of this weeks question has made the head lines no matter where you are. So there is no reason for me to post a link. This weeks Question Of The Week will be a multiple question. (1) Have our elected officials become more corrupt/sick over the last couple of decades or do we hear more about it because news travels faster/further? (2) Did Idaho Senator Larry Craig do the right thing by resigning? (3) Will the Larry Craig scandal harm the Republican Party?

I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Praguetwin said...

I'm not sure they have become more corrupt, but certainly more hypocritical. I don't have a problem with a guy engaging in any kind of sexual behavior he wants. I DO have a problem when the guy tells everyone else they can't do exactly what he intends to do.

I think Craig's labeling of president Clinton as a "naughty boy" is typical of the hypocrisy we are seeing from the current Republicans.

Certainly, though, we do hear more about these things because news travels faster.

(B) Yes, he did the right thing by resigning, but he did the wrong thing by professing his innocence.

(C) I certainly hope so. I can't stand when people try to legislate morality. I firmly believe that people should be free from discrimination regarding their sexual orientation. The Republicans do not share this view, and I hope that Craig's hypocrisy will damage the party as a whole. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

12:58 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question,"(1) Have our elected officials become more corrupt/sick over the last couple of decades or do we hear more about it because news travels faster/further? (2) Did Idaho Senator Larry Craig do the right thing by resigning? (3) Will the Larry Craig scandal harm the Republican Party?" Prague Twin got it right, I agree they have become more hypocritical. Other than that nothing has changed, we just hear about it sooner. I feel that when an elected official resigns after getting caught they are admitting they were wrong. So yes Larry Craig did the right thing. I'm afraid Craigs scandal will harm the Republican Party and I'm not a Republican. I don't think any party should suffer because of the actions of one of it's members. I feel thats like disarming everyone in the country because one person opened fire at their work place.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

1) Yes... because they are in Power

2) Yes he got a sex video

3) American think that all republicans use their power if he's not resigning

Check out http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home