Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Attention Busy Parents

When I first read the August 22,2006 column, San Diego Teachers Bringing Kids to 'Gay Pride Event by Jim Brown at Agapepress I thought I sure do hope these teachers are now or soon will be looking for new jobs. Then I started thinking back to when there were school age children in our home. Before they could go on any kind of a field trip they had to bring a permission slip home, have it signed by a parent or guardian and return it to their teacher. Maybe it's just me, I never would have signed a permission slip so a child of mine could attend a gay pride event. Now I'm thinking that maybe today's parents are just to busy having to work two jobs to make ends meet to take the time to read these slips before signing them. I don't know, I just have a problem here. Why would the teachers want to take children to something like this and why would a parent allow it?

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Well, it's an excuse to not teach for a day.

The reason I object to such a thing is not because I object to gay people, but because I object to a non-educational event as part of school.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

The charter school is a K-8 institution in the San Diego Unified School District...

Some schools actually have a universal field-trip form which covers the entire year. Of course, I don't know about that particular school, but because it's a charter school, I suspect that it uses a universal form.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

The primary purpose of a field trip is to provide a learning opportunity by going to some historical sites or Museum. However, some school field trip taking their students to amusement parks, sporting events, and movie theaters.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home