Saturday, July 01, 2006

Our National Debt

This has been quite the week. Wednesday my Wife and Grand Daughter (Our Grand Daughter is expecting)were involved in a traffic accident. Both of them, and the unborn baby are doing ok, sore. The car was totaled. Insured? Liability only. So we'll be car shopping and trying to figure out how we're going to pay for one. This morning I got up and figured out this is Saturday. The day I check out and record our National Debt, gives me something else to look back on at the end/beginning of the year. I had also planned on posting a Happy Independence Day message today, but when I saw the National Debt I wondered how anyone could have a "Happy" Independence Day when the country is $8,409,378,106,101.30 in debt? My unborn Great Grand Daughter will be at least $28,123.35 in debt when she arrives. Don't get me wrong I will celebrate Independence Day. By thinking about what our Founding Fathers and everyone that came before us did for our country, and wondering how we ever let this happen.

Have a Safe and Happy Independence Day.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have the national debt ticker on my blog..I look at it each and every morning. I wonder how we let it get so out of hand. The repubes used to stand for fiscal responsibility..the neocons are the complete and total opposite aren't they?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home