Thursday, June 08, 2006

Breaking News, Israel Commits Act Of War Against The United States

Did that title grab you? How can it be? Israel is our friend. Is that right? (a little sarcasm). It did happen, but maybe I shouldn't have called it breaking news. It happened thirty nine years ago today. On June 8, 1967 combined Israeli forces attacked the U.S.S. Liberty killing 34 of her crew members and wounding 173. (The number of wounded varies depending on what article your reading.) I'm not so sure it was even breaking news at the time it happened. The truth was covered up at the time that it happened. It was covered up 26 years later and it is still being covered up today. In 2005 surviving members of the crew filed a report of war crimes. As far as I know no action was taken against Israel. Israel claims they are liars or antiSemites. Last night I watched the Tito Howard video, Loss of Liberty. I'll watch it again sometime today. It's something that I do at this time every year. I'd like to suggest you get a copy, it will help you decide what really happened on June 8, 1967 for yourself. Listen to what the crew members have to say and then judge for yourself.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

I very vaguely remember this story. Do the Lefties make hay out of it?

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this was just about any other country there would have been a war.

"Remember the Maine! To hell with Spain!" Spain probably had nothing to do with it, but it started a war and BTW, we finaly ended the temporary Spanish American War tax to just a short time ago.

4:15 PM  
Blogger The Sovereign Editor said...

I have heard of this before. I have often wondered why it is not widely known and what on earth would possess an armed Israeli force to fire upon a U.S. Naval vessel?

All things being equal, I support the existence of Israel. However, anyone who attacks one of our assets and kills our citizens ought to have the full force of these United States brought to bear against them. I don't care who it is. If the Royal Navy had sunk our ship, I'd be demanding that we put the United Kingdom in its place.

If we allow people to attack us with impunity, they will keep doing it. At the very least, we should have cut off all foreign aid to Israel. I don't buy for a second that it was an accident. As a survivor of the U.S.S. Liberty said, "[i]f it was an accident, it was the best planned accident I've ever heard of."

12:56 AM  
Blogger The Sovereign Editor said...

I (the author/editor of Realm of Sovereigns) have been reorganizing my website. I found this:

The Israeli defence ministry has confirmed that it faced questioning by Washington over . . . the sale of a sensitive weapons system to China.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

Thanks for this info. I think this an skirmish fight. Israel thinks that they are their enemy, Egyptians i think.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home