Sunday, June 04, 2006

Question Of The Week, 6/4/06

Good morning. I had a plan for this weeks question honest I did. Then when I went to a site I needed to get some info from the site was down. If this is some kind of sign of things to come this month I'll be staying in bed all day this coming Tuesday. Do you know why? No, that's not the Question Of The Week. I got my (Plan B)idea for this weeks question when I read a column by David R. Usher, "IS THE G.O.P. TRYING TO COMMIT SUICIDE ON IMMIGRATION?" In the column Mr. Usher says, "It appears that Senate Republicans are either trying to commit mass suicide in town square, or possibly they are doing their best to assure a 2006 Democratic mid-term sweep." So this weeks Question Of The Week is. Do you think Senate Republicans hurt themselves and the G.O.P. by passing their version of immigration reform? If so how bad? I'll post my answer in the Comment Section Monday night.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard question to answer concisely. The nation is committing suicide through its congressional representatives along with the executive branch.

The immigration issue may be the focusing basis for the forming of a third party, or the demise of one of the majors. The sad fact is, the economic impact on the non-rich is equally devastating whether from the Democrats or Republicans.

And assuming a change of the House this Fall, just wait until you see what 'comprehensive' bill comes out of conference in 2008.

We should all be praying that God save the republic because those being paid to do so are not.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Do you think Senate Republicans hurt themselves and the G.O.P. by passing their version of immigration reform? If so how bad?

A lot of my die-hard Republican friends and relatives are talking about either staying home or voting Democratic for the upcoming midterm elections.

As for myself, I just cannot vote for an "open-borders" candidate, Republican or Democrat.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Yes. Deathly bad. Especially if we keep raising the stink level up a notch.

7:33 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

First I want to thank you for stopping by to answer this weeks question. Yes I do think Senate Republicans have hurt themselves. I think the G.O.P. will pay a high price when the midterms roll around. In some cases I hope the voters will remember that some Republican Senators voted against amnesty and wide open borders. I also hope that voters will not use this for a reason to stay home. This could turn out to be a chance to get some so called third party and independent candidates elected. Bad news for both branches of the Republican/Democrat Party could be good news for We The People.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

11:41 PM  
Blogger The Sovereign Editor said...

I only have a Democrat up for re-election. But the same rules applies. If he takes a stand for the Borders, Language, and Culture of these United States (and supports the FairTax), he gets my vote. If he does not stand for the aforementioned things, he gets me not only not voting for him but actively doing everything I can to keep his un-American behind out of office.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

My community loves Democrat candidates

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home