Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Updated, Saint Joseph, Missouri Being Protested

I went to the protest members of the Topeka, Kansas based Westboro Baptist Church held in Saint Joseph, Missouri this morning. They were protesting Saint Joseph, Missouris' city ordinance banning funeral protest. I haven't changed my opinion about holding a protest at a funeral since I posted the original message on December 28. Westboro Baptist Church was represented by about 30 or 35 people. About five of them would have been grade school age children. They were carrying signs with slogans like "GOD HATES YOU", "GOD HATES THE UNITED STATES", "GOD HATES FAGS", "YOUR GOING TO HELL" and "GOD HATES SAINT JOSEPH" while standing on the United States Flag. This morning I found myself wondering why these children were not in school. Maybe they are home schooled, that is something I would normally support. In this case what are the children being taught, to HATE anything they disagree with? Are they being taught God hates everyone that doesn't believe as they do? If they are they have a different God than I do. My God hates the sin not the sinner, he does want the sinner to repent. I wonder what these children will be like in ten or twenty years? Will they still be full of hate? There was a group of 25 to 30 counter protesters. Some of them were carrying signs which urged the protesters to go home, or leave the country. The protest was peaceful (for a protest) and only lasted for around 25 minutes. I guess that wasn't bad when you figure it was 35 to 40 degrees out at the time.

After the protest my wife wanted to go out to eat. While we were in the restaurant I noticed a Gentleman I thought I'd seen some where before sitting with a group of people. I found out he wasn't from Saint Joseph. His group had come over from Leavenworth, Kansas to be a part of the counter protest. He told me that he would be willing to make a donation to get members of the Westboro Baptist Church non-refundable one way tickets to any place they would like to go outside the United States. Another member of his group made a remark about there being some places in the world where the protesters would have been shot for this mornings protest.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Schantz said...

I wanted to add photos to this post. My digital camera is not working. So, I used a pocket 35 mm. Now I got to get the rest of the film used and the photos transfered to a disk. Then I'll try to add them.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Jake Porter said...

David,

Thanks for the update. I am going to try and post about this tonight sometime as it is important.

I support their right to protest but what happens when they die and are at the day of Judgement. They may have the same destination as all the groups they hate.

Jesus didn't hate the tax collectors or the prostitutes, he told them to flee from their sin not burn in hell, I hate you.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jake Porter said...

David,

I seen you were involved in an interview with Jerry Hughes.

Good job.

4:06 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Jake, I hard a migraine the day of the interview. So I was not in the best of shape. I hope this explains any mistakes I made if you were listening.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home