Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Gas Prices In Your Area Update, 8/31/05

I'm sure none of us were surprised by the increase in gasoline since Katrina came ashore. I hope all of you will remember the storms victims in your thoughts and prayers. I didn't fill the tank when I was out today but I did notice the prices. Unleaded regular was selling for $2.89 per gallon in Saint Joseph, Missouri today. That would be a 34 cent increase since last week. I also noticed an increase in prices when I was in the grocery store, I assume that is because of the increase of transportation cost. Please leave a comment to let us know what your paying for gas in your area.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jake Porter said...

it was 2.64 this morning and had jumped about 15 cents in one day I will update you soon when I see the new prices.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

2.79 Exxon in Austin Texas

8:45 PM  
Blogger Chris Woods said...

It was about $2.60-something in the DSM area this morning, but some places were already at $3/gallon later in the day. This weekend will be a disaster when it comes to gas prices.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Craig said...

$3.29. 3.29. Does anyone understand how crazy that is? I understand this event has a effect on all, but 75cents is absolutley price gouging at its worst.

6:27 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

I normally fill the tank on Wednesday afternoon when I get paid. A couple of weeks ago I was busy on pay day and put it off for a day. It paid off that time the price dropped over night. Yesterday I was busy and didn't fill the tank. I should have known better, I got off work at 7:00 this morning (9/1/05) and stopped to fill the tank on my way home. $2.99 per gallon for regular unleaded in Saint Joseph, Missouri.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

6:46 AM  
Blogger The MaryHunter said...

The gas price worries are reasonable, after all it's been ~cheap up until a year ago. We pay about the same in Maryland as you pay in Texas, give or take.

What's really interesting, though, is to look at the prices now in comparision to historic levels AND especially to what they pay overseas.

My buddy GM Roper has a concise post that reveals all, and it's pretty striking:

http://www.gmroper.com/archives/
2005/08/i_had_an_unusua.htm

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jake Porter said...

2.84 tonight.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous James Enfinger said...

There are a few books on the subject, some very

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home