Wednesday, March 02, 2005

POW/MIA

One day last week one of our Grand Daughters was over. While she was here she was looking at some of the things I have posted here. I don't think she is the average twelve year old, she has been interested in government policy since she was about eight years old. She said you need to put something about POW's and MIA's on there, that has become a hot spot with her. I should have ask her to write something for me, she knows more about the issue than I do.

What I can tell you is every time the United States has entered into a conflict (War) it has left some of it's soldiers behind unaccounted for. The United States government tells their families that they were killed and their bodies were not recovered. The government has no hard evidence to prove this. Every year for the past few years I have read articles about South Korean soldiers that were captured and held prisoner by North Korea for over 50 years escaping and making their way home. If South Korean soldiers can survive in North Korean prisons for that long why are we to believe American soldiers couldn't do the same thing. There are several organizations that are trying to get some believable answers to questions the families of our missing soldiers have been asking for years. One of them has it's headquarters in Skidmore, Missouri, I have had the opportunity to meet with them several times in the past. I pray you will take a little time to visit their site at, www.pownetwork.org .

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

In 20th century most MIA soldiers are pilots.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home