Monday, January 08, 2007

Your Social Security Benefits Are Heading South

Today I received two e-mails telling about the Totalization Agreement. Something I hadn't heard a lot about in the past. The first e-mail, a News With Views column by Jim Kouri said, "The federal government attempted to keep the scheme under wraps, but a grassroots organization forced the Social Security Administration to release the document titled, The US-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement. The Retired Enlisted Association or TREA forced government disclosure through lawsuits they filed through their Senior Citizens League." I guess that could explain why I hadn't heard much about it.I'am really surprised that President Bush didn't sign this before our newly elected members of congress took office. Because as United States Representative Ron Paul says in the second e-mail that came today,"If the president signs it, Congress will have to affirmatively act to override him and in essence veto the agreement." A Lame Duck Congress could have let Bush get away with this and not have to worry about what the constituents back home would do or say. This would be the time to see if our new members of congress really represent "We The People". Please contact your United States Representatives and Senators and urge them to override President Bush when he signs the Totalization Agreement.

Thanks go to:

News With Views

Senior Citizens League

United States Representative Ron Paul

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

4 Comments:

Blogger Christian Class Action said...

David,

I would appreciate it very much if you would tell us your opinion of Aaron Russo's movie on your blog so we can link to it.

http://www.freedomtofascism.com

Doug Kenline
ChapmanForPresident08.com

11:07 PM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Doug,
I'm sorry, but right now my computer is running so slow I can't watch anything on it. I think I know where I can barrow a DVD then I can watch it on TV. I'll see the person that has it when I go back to work at 11:PM Wednesday. I'll watch it as soon as I can, I have a very strange work schedule.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

4:01 PM  
Blogger American Crusader said...

I've read a few articles referring to this subject. If President Bush was unable to enact needed Social Security reform, I don't see how the US-Mexico Totalization Bill could ever get passed.

8:50 AM  
Blogger David Schantz said...

Everything I've seen says congress wouldn't get to vote on this, it would just be signed by the president. Whats wrong with this picture? After it is signed congress could over ride/veto the signature. I'd hope they would. If they don't we'll have proof showing our newmembers of congress (and the old ones)do not represent "We The People".

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home