Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What Would You Say?

I like this. I'm sure some of you parents have had to offer some advice to one of your children at one time or another."Suppose that you had a daughter, a beautiful young lady who was the apple of your eye. And since she was your pride and joy, you wanted only the very best for her. Now suppose that your nubile young daughter was being courted by three eligible young men about town, two of who came from very rich and influential families, but who you knew to be of reprehensible character. In fact one of these was, if possible, a tad bit more reprehensible than the other. The third suitor came from modest circumstances, and although he was not from a wealthy and powerfully influential family, he was nevertheless possessed of wonderful intelligence and character, and was imbued with unquestionable integrity. Would you, in deference to the wealth and influence of the families of the two young men with no moral scruples, encourage your daughter to marry the lesser of these two reprobates, or would you do everything in your power to see to it that your beautiful young daughter, the apple of your eye, was delivered into the capable and loving hands of the young man who would care for her, provide for her, and cherish her?" When I read that part of the article I thought of a campaign ad I saw years ago. The opponent of one candidate had an ad made showing the other candidate making a speech. At the end of the ad you are ask if you would buy a used car from this person. There is another question we could ask ourselves when we're thinking about who we're going to vote for. Think about everything you know about the candidate and ask yourself if you would want your Son or Daughter to marry this person. If you wouldn't I'm thinking this person should never be elected to any office.

Thanks go to, News With Views

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

3 Comments:

Blogger small town girl said...

I like that...

I think your on to something here...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Very nice. I'm almost certainly voting for a third party candidate for President, though I do find the idea of Condi Rice intriguing in a thumbing my nose at convention sort of way. Women who manage to be successful and independent, without being overly feminist-minded are women I tend to respect, sometimes despite better judgement.

4:38 PM  
Blogger The GTL™ said...

David, I think that serves as a pretty decent "litmus test".

Blog ON, and OMFG, what's happening to our COUNTRY??!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home