Thursday, December 28, 2006

When They Came (food for thought)

I want to share something that was in today's e-mail.

When They Came...

When they came for the Fifth Amendment,
I did not say anything because I had done nothing wrong.
When they came for the Fourth Amendment,
I did not say anything because I had nothing to hide,
When they came for the Second Amendment,
I did not say anything because I did not own a gun,
When they came for the First Amendment,
I could not say anything.

-- Anonymous

Just something to think about.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Slid over from GTL. Interesting e-mail. I'll have to stop by again shortly.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I've seen something similar about the Holocaust. It is something to think about.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

I hope this isn't prophetic!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Anne Rettenberg LCSW said...

Pretty good!

How about

"When global capitalism destroyed the indigenous people, I said nothing because I wasn't an indigenous person."

"When big business exploited the illegal aliens, I looked the other way because it made prices cheap."

"When U.S. corporations destroyed Third World democracies, I didn't care because I didn't live in the Third World."

"But when big business destroyed the planet, it didn't matter what I said, because by then my home and land and country were destroyed; there was no food to eat, no shelter from the hurricanes, and the plagues had killed my family."

5:02 PM  
Blogger Katherine Thayer said...

The US should focus on Climate Change. Browse http://assistedlivinglittlerockarkansas.com

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home